Top Oz Tours is an Australian-based online retailer of tours, accommodation and other travel experiences. The following terms and conditions apply when you make a booking with us.
In these booking terms and conditions, the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’ refer to Top Oz Tours and Travel Ideas. The purpose of our website is to assist customers in gathering information on tours and travel, and to facilitate tour and travel experience bookings. We do not provide or operate any tours, accommodation options or travel experiences. The products featured on our website are provided by many leading hoteliers, tour operators and attractions. In some instances, we offer tours and activities through an affiliate agreement with Viator (a TripAdvisor company). Even though our branding may appear at the top of the webpage, if you are booking your tour or travel experience on Viator’s website, their booking terms and conditions will apply. If you are unsure of which website you are on, please check the contact information at the foot of the webpage.
If you book a tour or travel experience on our website, or by phone or email, as part of the booking process you will be required to acknowledge that you understand and accept our booking terms and conditions as listed here.
General terms & conditions
- We sell various tours and activities on behalf of tour operators, attractions and hoteliers (herein referred to as ‘third-party service provider(s)’ or ‘supplier(s)’). All bookings are made subject to the terms and conditions and limitation of liability imposed by these third-party service providers. We act in good faith on behalf of our suppliers, but we do not accept any liability of any nature, for the acts, omissions or default, whether negligent or otherwise, of third-party service providers over whom we have no direct control. Under circumstances where liability cannot be excluded, such liability is limited to the value of the purchased tour arrangements. We do not accept any liability in contract or otherwise for any personal injury, death, property damage, loss (including consequential loss), delay, additional expense or inconvenience caused by a force majeure or any other event which is beyond our control.
- The third-party service provider of the travel experience you book with us will be clearly identified in your confirmation document. On receipt of your confirmation document, you agree to review the supplier’s booking terms and conditions on their website, and be bound by them. We issue a confirmation document by email for every booking we process. It is your responsibility to contact us if your booking confirmation has not been received within 12 hours of finalising your booking (which may indicate an error in the email address you have provided). Your interactions with third-party service providers are at your own risk. If having reviewed the supplier’s booking terms and conditions, you have any concerns about participating in the experience you have booked, simply notify us within 24 hours of booking and receive a full refund. After that time, our standard cancellation conditions will apply.
- The information we display on our website about tours and travel experiences offered by our suppliers does not in any way imply, suggest, or constitute our approval of third-party service providers or any affiliation between us and our suppliers.
- Please check your booking confirmation document carefully, including the accuracy of dates. Please ensure that all names are spelt correctly. Please note that your booking confirmation document contains the most up-to-date pick-up/meeting point information and departure time. The information in your confirmation document supersedes the information provided on our website. You will be advised directly if there are any changes to the information provided in your confirmation document.
- If you find the same tour or activity elsewhere at a cheaper price, we will beat it by 10%. This is known as our ‘best price guarantee’ and applies to tours and activities offered by us in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Hobart, Adelaide and Perth. It does not apply to tours and activities offered via affiliate websites such as Viator. To claim your discount, please call our booking line on 1300 330 189 or email [email protected]. The tour or activity must be available for booking on the competitor’s website for the date you want to book. We do not offer the guarantee where a promotional code discount from the competitor has been applied. You must claim your best price guarantee discount before making your booking. The guarantee does not apply to existing bookings.
- We offer a one-time booking discount of 10% off full priced tours and activities for repeat customers. To redeem your discount, simply email [email protected] with your original booking reference and the second experience you wish to book. This offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotional discount.
- On the day of your tour or activity, please have photo identification with you, along with your booking confirmation document. Some suppliers require a printed copy of the confirmation. If this is the case, you will be advised at the time of booking. Otherwise, please have the confirmation available on your smart phone or tablet.
- If you are booking your tour or activity as part of a holiday, please ensure that you have adequate travel insurance to cover you against unforeseen circumstances.
Changes & cancellation (tours/activities)
If you have to change any part of your booking due to unforeseen circumstances, please contact us on 1300 330 189 or email [email protected] as soon as possible. The following cancellation and amendment fees will apply:
- If you cancel your booking seven days or more in advance of the scheduled departure date, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking between four and six days in advance of the scheduled departure date, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel your booking within three days of the scheduled departure date, or after a ticket expiration date, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Our flexible COVID-19 cancellation policy will apply if you need to cancel your booking due to the introduction of official travel restrictions.
- Requested changes to your booking are permitted seven days or more in advance of the scheduled departure date (subject to availability) at no charge.
- Requested changes to your booking within seven days of the scheduled departure date may attract a change fee, which varies by supplier. Please contact us for additional information.
Failure to board
- Failure to board or join your tour at the advised time and place constitutes a cancellation and a 100 percent cancellation fee will be charged.
The following terms and conditions relate specifically to accommodation packages offered on our website.
- Please note that while your accommodation booking will be prepaid in full, most hotels require a valid credit card at check-in, and may charge a temporary bond to your card to cover incidentals. The bond amount varies by supplier. If you need further information on this before travelling, please let us know.
- The check-in time at most hotels is 2pm on the day of your arrival. If you arrive earlier, most hotels will be happy to store your luggage until your room is ready.
Changes & cancellation (accommodation packages)
The majority of our accommodation package rates do not permit cancellation or changes once paid in full. If you need a refundable rate for your package, please let us know and we will provide a new costing. Once you confirm your booking, please ensure you have adequate travel insurance in place to cover you against unforeseen circumstances.
The following terms and conditions relate specifically to gift vouchers available for purchase on our website.
- Vouchers can only be redeemed via Top Oz Tours and cannot be redeemed directly with suppliers.
- Vouchers are non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
- A cancelled booking made with a voucher does not attract a cash refund. A credit will be returned to your voucher account, subject to the cancellation terms and conditions of your booking.
- Vouchers are transferable, however the permission of the original recipient must be provided in writing.
- Vouchers can only be purchased in AUD, and redeemed in AUD.
- No minimum booking value applies to the use of vouchers.
- Vouchers can be redeemed for any tour or experience offered on our website.
- Any unused credit on a voucher may be used at a later date, within the validity period of the voucher.
- Recipients can purchase more than one tour or activity with their voucher. Any additional cost beyond the value of the voucher must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Vouchers purchased on or after 1 November 2019 are valid for three years from the date of purchase. The purchase date will be clearly displayed on your voucher. Vouchers purchased before 1 November 2019 are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
- Recipients may be required to show proof of ID to redeem their vouchers.
- Voucher bookings are subject to our standard booking terms and conditions.
If you have any queries regarding these booking terms and conditions, please contact us:
Top Oz Tours and Travel Ideas
1300 330 189 (8am to 7pm Mon to Fri AEST)